https://static.cliqueme.com/cliqueme-latest.min.js

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Art Crawl Tomorrow

     I just found out that one of my favorite peeps will be the featured artist at Pangaea TOMORROW, Feb 3, from 5-8 pm in Hillsboro Village at the Art Walk. I am sorry to be giving you folks such late notice but I just found out the good news. If you can't make it, be sure to contact the artist via her website: http://elizabethfosterart.com and please don't be put off by the fact that so much of the featured art has already been sold. You can always contact her and find out what she has available. I don't know about how it will affect you, but it was love at first sight for me. Elizabeth Foster has a thing for birds and so do I, so it is no surprise that I have not one, not two, but three of her delightful  paintings. They make me smile every day...seriously.
         While you are down in the Village, check out one of my other favorites:  BookMan/BookWoman is one of my long-time haunts. I find that I must go in there just to inhale the smell of the books. New bookstores may try, but they simply cannot approximate the timeworn scent of aging leather, accumulated dust, and ink on ragged cotton paper. It can be addictive. I also cannot walk out of the place without buying something. They always have a dollar table. And who can't find something to bury your nose in on a dollar table?!  And don't just think they only sell used books, BM/BW can order just about anything. My Book Club has registered to purchase our monthly reads at a nice discount from them.
       Finally, if you love chocolate the way I love chocolate then you don't want to miss the salted caramel tart at Provence. They come in three sizes: petite (just for one), not so petite (can be shared by two or a hungry one) and what I call the share size. If you haven't had salted dark chocolate, you haven't had chocolate. I don't know why, but the taste makes me crazy...crazy for more!
   And just because I want too, here are a couple of pictures of Little One playing at my house last week. In the first photo she is riding her horse, Ryan. In the second photo, she is discovering her shadow. I waved first, then she waved and her shadow waved. She turned around and looked to see who was behind her. She got a bit perplexed. She would turn back around and wave some more. And of course, the shadow waved with her. She looked up at me as if to say, "What?!"  I was no help. I laughed hilariously until I almost wet my pants. She did this over and over again. I finally had to scoop her up and come inside. I don't think she could figure out why I found it so funny, so touching...or so magical.
  
     Hello shadow! 
Where oh where did my shadow go? 

Discovering things with the grandchildren is just so much more fun!
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We appreciate your input and feedback! Have a blessed day!