https://static.cliqueme.com/cliqueme-latest.min.js

Monday, February 7, 2011

Valentine Happy

     Here's a little Valentine happy to get you in the mood. Valentine's Day has always been one of my favorite holidays. My younger sister and I both have February birthdays and we are almost exactly one year apart. When we were younger our momma split the difference between us, and we usually would have a joint birthday party on Valentine's Day. I loved it. Red hearts. Candy. Paper Doilies. What's not to love about Valentine's Day? When my children were little I always baked a heart-shaped cake on Valentine's Day. The kind with fluffy white icing pulled up into peaks. I still have the pans. Maybe I will dust them off and bring them out now that I have granddaughters. Oh wait. My granddaughters are probably still a bit too young for that fluffy white icing.
Image from The Pretty Blog
Image from The Pretty Blog
     The two pictures below are from one of our joint birthday parties. To this day, I remember this particular party. The plastic doily hats were a bit hit with the girls. Not so much with the boys. I also remember that we got matching Timex watches with little black bands. I think my sister still has hers. She took care of everything. I have no clue where mine is. Does that tell you anything? She's at the head of the table in the top picture. I am at the opposite head in the bottom picture. I look like I am picking my nose. Knowing me, I probably was. That fuzzy figure in the left is my momma. Photos were taken by my Daddy circa 1962, Cape Canaveral, Florida.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We appreciate your input and feedback! Have a blessed day!