https://static.cliqueme.com/cliqueme-latest.min.js

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Coldplay Atlanta Style

   The Husband is a concert addict. One of his true confessions is that he secretly dreamed of becoming a rock star when he was young. He became a banker instead.
    As you might well imagine, the dichotomy between the two worlds is immense. So in his spare time, The Husband sheds his three piece suits and heads to his favorite rock concerts. Fortunately we live in a place that calls itself Music City, so we have plenty of opportunities for him to fulfill his dreams, but when the need arises, he is not averse to driving out of town for a concert. Sometimes I make the trip with him -- especially when he will agree to stay in at least a four-star hotel and combine the concert with a side jaunt to Ikea, but if he wants to make a quick trip in the middle of the week, that's fine with me. At this stage in my life, I don't really relish staying in the Red Roof Inn.
   So this past week, he drove down to Atlanta to see one of his favorite bands, Coldplay. I think this is the third time he has seen them play. I have seen them once. It was great. I didn't feel the need to go again. However, he got so many fabulous pictures that I just had to share. Here are some of his faves.














Being a banker, on principle alone The Husband refuses to pay full price for tickets (another reason I sometimes hesitate to go with him). He is on a first name basis with the ticket "brokers" in Nashville. In Atlanta he sat next to people who had paid $600 for a pair of tickets to see Coldplay. I don't want to tell you what he paid for his ticket. Let's just say he was very very happy. And the seat was great...but that's another story.

1 comment :

  1. Spectacular pictures...Ed...you oughta turn pro...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We appreciate your input and feedback! Have a blessed day!