https://static.cliqueme.com/cliqueme-latest.min.js

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Little Two's Nursery

    You remember that I have bragged about my daughter-in-law's impeccable taste. I am not lying. She has that ability to pull together patterns and fabrics and make everything look like it happened naturally. I just wish my photographs could really do more justice to the delightful nursery she created for Little Two. Just look at that chair.      
Who would have thought a $30 rescue from the Salvation Army could turn into something so chic? And she even used my upholsterer. Somehow I did not know that the man knew how to do that kind of welting or button work or that he had the ability to put contrasting fabric in the pleats on an ottoman he made especially for the Daughter-in-Law. I guess I don't think like a decorator. I think like a mom. Is is practical. Will it show dog hair. How long will it last. But I digress.
    She also knows when not to go over the top. See how she bought plain white bumper pads (they wash easily and never fade) but had her seamstress add ties with one of her coordinating fabrics. Oh, and I especially love how she layered her fabrics on the dust ruffle which is attached with velcro. After wrestling with those things for years (they are either too long or too short and only just right for a very short time), she has solved the aforementioned problem. She simply adjusts the velcro. That's one smart woman. My daughter-in-law.
    I also like the way that she brought in a touch of whimsy with the multi-colored ball fringe on the roman shades and repeated it on the valance. It's such a simple touch, but one that brings everything together!
  
The nursery also boasts some special accents chosen just for Little Two. The French alphabet poster came from an Etsy shop. The framed art over the baby bed is a street map of Paris by Famile Summerbelle.The darling mobile was purchased at a new shop here in Nashvegas called Tweed. There are also owls cropping up here and there in the room. Yet by far and away the best part about this lovely space is the little person who daily graces it with her presence....the real lamb, the inimitable Little Two. What's not to love?!
                                                                        

1 comment :

  1. um,i have hearts in my eyes over that chair!! love the tufting...that daughter in law of yours has some mighty good taste.you should be braggin'...
    and number two is a cutie.pie.!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We appreciate your input and feedback! Have a blessed day!