https://static.cliqueme.com/cliqueme-latest.min.js

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Thirty-Nine and Counting

 Thirty-nine years. 
That's the age of our marriage. 
Sure sounds like a long time. 
It is.
In this age of drive-by marriages followed by drive-by divorces, our marriage has aged well. 
The Husband and the marriage are keepers. 
Even today, when I hear the words to our song, 
"Could It Be I'm Falling in Love," by The Spinners, 
I still smile and say yes. 
I know it's corny, but I can't help myself!
Here's our secret to a marriage with longevity: 
Lots of forgiveness,
lots of falling in love again,
and lots of clinging to the Lord when it all seems to be going downhill! 
Oh, all that, and the ability to laugh at oneself!
Happy Anniversary, Honey. 
I am pretty sure I would marry you again today.
Nope, make that very sure.

Here's a glimpse of the way we were way back when
 









 Who knew what the future would hold?
The joys, the sorrows, the laughter, the tears.
The good times, and the hard times.
Together then.
Together now.
I am one blessed woman.

I have found the one whom my soul loves...
                                                                    Song of Solomon 3:4
















No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We appreciate your input and feedback! Have a blessed day!