https://static.cliqueme.com/cliqueme-latest.min.js

Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day Bunnies

     I don't decorate for fall. I think I used to put dried corn on my mailbox. That was a long time ago. Since this apparently seems to be a time for true confessions, I will tell you that the Easter bunnies are still out in the living room. I happen to like bunnies. Apparently that's a good thing since they are still around and about at my house for Labor Day. Labor Day bunnies. I like that.
     I read the other day that we have 112 days left until Christmas. Oh no. Just thinking about Christmas is exhausting me. Those bunnies need not worry. They are safely ensconced until  late November when I will trade them out for Christmas decor. Sigh.
    I now say that I have officially become my mother. I remember when she, the erstwhile Queen of Christmas, used to groan about how much energy she expended each year decorating for Christmas. I never did understand what all the moaning and groaning was about. Well,  I am there. No doubt about it. 112 days. I think I will remain in denial for at least another 85 days. Then I will run around like a chicken with my head chopped off. That definitely seems to be my modus operandi these days.
   But hey, I did finally get rid of the dead pansies in the planter by the front door and put a mum in to replace the now extinct pansies. However, it was totally a move of desperation. The mum had sat there for a week looking forlorn and increasingly wilted. Every time I passed it, I whispered, "I know, I know." So today I dug a hole and put the mum in the planter just so that I would not have to feel guilty about throwing it away. That's the extent of the fall decorations at my house. Just saying.
   But here are some great ideas from Pinterest and other folks if you are into that kind of thing.
Source: bing.com via Caroline on Pinterest



knewlywifed.blogspot.com

Fall Decorating Ideas
shelterness.com
Martha Stewart.com
Fall Decorating Ideas
shelterness.com
Fall Decorating Ideas

Be inspired. Have fun.
In the meantime, I am happy with the mum in the planter and the Labor Day bunnies in the living room.

   

1 comment :

  1. Ha Ha Ha! Me, too! I groan about Christmas decorating every year but I love it when it is completed. Just wish I could leave it up for 365 days!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We appreciate your input and feedback! Have a blessed day!