https://static.cliqueme.com/cliqueme-latest.min.js

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Heartwarming Truth

   Yesterday was all about the mercies of God being new every morning. When I think about that precious scripture in Lamentations 3:22-24 from which these words come, I am immediately aware of the needful gift of "eyes to see, ears to hear, and mouths to speak." How could we ever understand the gift of God's mercy unless He transforms not only our souls and our heart, but also our eyes, our ears, and what comes forth from our mouths? I so want to "see" Him at work in my life and the lives of others; I earnestly desire to "hear" His Holy Spirit as He calls to me; and I long for my lips to offer up to Him the much deserved fruit of praise intended solely for His delight.
   In the end what He gifts us with is all about a transformation that begins on the inside and works itself outward. It is the miracle of a heart of stone becoming a heart of flesh. A forsworn enemy becoming an adopted child, a loving member of the family with all of the same benefits and privileges afforded the only Son. It is at once so wonderful and so difficult to understand. Our hearts continually cry out, "Can it be so?" And yes, it is. For behold what manner of love the Father has given us...that we, the fallen and sinful, should be called and become and are the very sons and daughters of God. The miracle of redemption is all about a transformed life coming alive and blossoming under the tutelage of the Holy Spirit. And yes, being awakened daily to His mercies that are new every morning. This perpetual Easter of the heart and the soul that He affords us is very much like the blessed coming of spring.
For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; 
The flowers appear on the earth 
the time of the singing of birds is come,
and the voice of the turtle dove is heard in our land;
The fig tree putteth forth her green figs, 
and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell.
Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.
Oh, my dove, thou art hidden in the clefts of the rock,
in the secret places of the stairs,
let me see thy countenance, let me hear thy voice;
for sweet is thy voice, and thy countenance is lovely.
                         Song of Solomon 2:11-14


He makes all things new. The wonder is that He makes you and me new.





               

3 comments :

  1. Such a beautiful post! I so love your heart and the way you share. Thank you for these encouraging words today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, beautifully said..indeed from the inside out..like building a house from withing...
    You are an amazing and wise woman inside and out!!
    llj

    ReplyDelete
  3. i always love your words and insight as they are full of the message of love and redemption..beautiful about a forsworn enemy becoming an adopted child...well said!
    xoox
    llj

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We appreciate your input and feedback! Have a blessed day!