https://static.cliqueme.com/cliqueme-latest.min.js

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Gabriel's Oboe and The Falls by YoYo Ma



I have always found the movie, The Mission, for which this piece of music was written to be thoughtful and provocative. It has challenged me on every occasion on which I have watched it to re-examine my faith and the things to which I cling. I am never quite comfortable with what I discover about myself. Furthermore, I find the musical score from the movie to be in ironic juxtaposition to the movie's subtext on the abuse of power within the church. The haunting melody makes my soul leap with joy at its tender beauty. The music is transcendent, and never fails to bring me to tears. Find the time to close your eyes and listen as it is rendered by a great master of the cello, YoYo Ma. Hope you are enjoying the Sabbath as a day of rest.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We appreciate your input and feedback! Have a blessed day!