https://static.cliqueme.com/cliqueme-latest.min.js

Monday, March 25, 2013

Just Do It

    I painted my dining room red twenty-six years ago. I was ahead of the curve then, but the curve has moved on. My dining room was outmoded, outdated, and in serious need of a change. Or at least until yesterday. The Husband and I have been busy bees. After trying out four different shades of gray (no pun intended), I settled on the right one, and after church yesterday, we promptly got to work. I am amazed at the difference one gallon can of paint can make. Talk about transformation!
    You know how one change leads to another. Before the paint was dry, I immediately began thinking about changing out some of the decor. There is nothing like a new wall color to give a girl a little inspiration. Then it was off to Pinterest I went. I found some gallery walls that seemed to reflect a bit of the vibe I was going for. I asked The Husband if he had any objections to moving the Civil War Great-Grandfather's portrait (never mind that this was a Yankee Colonel who married a lovely Confederate flower of a girl despite the rigorous objections of her Nashville family...but that's a story for another day), when he said that he did not, I promptly went to work.
    I was amazed at how quickly the wall went together. I like it. I mean I really really like it. I have one picture that will be reframed, and then I plan to buy some of those little do-hickey things you put on the back of pictures to anchor them and keep them from jiggling around when a herd of elephants comes through the room.
   Here are a couple of pictures of my wall. And yes, I know that some of the pictures are a bit whompyjawed. But, hey, that's what happens when you don't plan ahead, you just do it! Besides, the do-hickeys will help with that!
Another angle below

1 comment :

  1. I love it Kathy. Gray is very popular these days and the family pictures are perfect. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We appreciate your input and feedback! Have a blessed day!