https://static.cliqueme.com/cliqueme-latest.min.js

Monday, October 1, 2012

It Wasn't So Long Ago

It wasn't so long ago that I held his mother in my arms. She felt just right. Tiny head. Tiny hands. Tiny feet and tiny toes. She was everything I could have dreamed of and more. I cried tears of joy. With a daddy who adored her and two older brothers to love her and watch over her and protect and challenge (and provoke) her time and time again, she was one blessed baby girl. God gave me a wonderful gift. I thank Him today for the blessing of each of my children. They have taught me so much.
I am watching the cycle repeating itself. Except this time there is an older sister who will have the job that the older brothers once had. But there is an adoring and proud father and a grateful and overjoyed mother.
The look of love is the same. And the connection. The gratitude. And the blessing.

The babe lights up when he sees his mother. Tiny arms wave and the mouth opens as he coos his hello. His whole body literally shakes with the intensity of his smile. It's quite simply the look of love.

There is nothing quite like it. That look between a mother and her child. It still takes my breath away.

Little Three is changing daily. He can roll over from stomach to back and back to stomach. He talks to his momma. The boy is a laid-back, easy going baby who seems to be able to roll with the punches. It's a good thing. His sister, Little One, is quite the diva. She is adjusting to having to share the spotlight with this brother of hers. Happily, he adores her as well. She just doesn't realize yet how important she will be to him.



Since I am completely smitten with the newest little person in my life, I just had to share some of the delightful goodness with you!







What can I say? I am just a fool in love...

1 comment :

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We appreciate your input and feedback! Have a blessed day!