https://static.cliqueme.com/cliqueme-latest.min.js

Sunday, August 7, 2011

New Adventures

    Little Two starting crawling this week and I opened a booth in an antique mall. Little Two is now mobile and I am suddenly tied down. Both of us are happy.
    Since I live with an erstwhile hoarder and have made visiting antique malls a lifelong hobby, I figured that I had the requisite credentials for launching such a venture. No doubt the proof of my so-called business acumen will be in the proverbial pudding. My goal is to make enough to cover my rent and then have a little bit left over so that I can purchase more stuff to go in my booth. Sounds easy enough to me. I think The Husband is already sure that what little profits I make will be immediately reinvested. I think that appears to be a sound business plan to me. I am off to a running start...in that regard anyway! The booth officially opened for business on July 30 and as August 7, I have already recouped slightly more than half of my first month's rent, and there are still 24 days left in this month! Whoo hoo!
   I am finding that there is a great deal of trial-and-error in this antique booth stocking process as well as challenges in utilizing my space well. I credit Miss Mustard Seed for a lot of inspiration as well as Darby from Fly Through Your Window with her Honey Bee Tees. If these women can step out of the box and pursue something that they enjoy, then why can't I?! When it stops being fun or challenging and gets to be a drudge, then I will move on; in the meantime, I am enjoying every minute!
     So...if you find yourself in the Nashville area, please stop by the Harpeth Antique Mall in Alexander Plaza off of Hwy 96 in Franklin, TN. I am dealer B-1 and my booth is on the far wall (about half-way down) on the right hand side of the store. I am attaching pictures to give you an idea of the kinds of things I have available in my space. If you think this sounds like a shameless plug...it is!


Oh, if anybody knows what that thing on top of the bookcase is,
 please let me know! I picked it up because it was unusual,
but I have absolutely no idea what you would do with it.
I would love for you to enlighten me if you can!
   I realized that I don't have any pictures of the left side of the booth; I will try to rectify that shortly. When I look at these pictures, I realize that I am definitely not a minimalist. I don't think there are many minimalists who have booths in antique malls, anyway. However, my own house is not this cluttered. Maybe I should rephrase that...it is no longer this cluttered.
 

1 comment :

  1. Congratulations on your new venture! I bet you will be wildly successful. You have such a good eye. Above all, keep it fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We appreciate your input and feedback! Have a blessed day!