https://static.cliqueme.com/cliqueme-latest.min.js

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Insanely Good

   I am not a huge ice cream fan. It's pretty much take it or leave it for me with a few exceptions. The exceptions include my sister-in-law's homemade peach ice cream which I will eat every time I am given the opportunity and a good hot fudge sundae without the cherry or the whip creme. Okay, let's just skip the sundae moniker and say that I like vanilla ice cream slathered with hot fudge. I know, it sounds as though I really do like ice cream, but I can go months, repeat that MONTHS, without eating ice cream or even thinking about it.
    However, I am married to an ice cream addict. He cannot walk by the grocery store freezers that are opposite the milk aisle in Publix without helping himself to a gallon or so. It doesn't matter how many partially eaten gallons of ice cream we have at home, the man just has to have his fix. He snacks on ice cream the way that other people snack on fruit or popcorn or cookies. It can be mid-morning or mid-afternoon. If he wants a bowl of ice cream, he will have it. And despite what our mothers always told us, it never ruins his appetite.
   Yet somehow,  I have one-upped him. I have taken the Super Bowl Championship Ring of Ice Cream away from him. He has not yet tasted Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream and I have. I now know what real ice cream tastes like. And you know where I said that I can go months without thinking about ice cream? Well, that was before I ate Jeni's. I am fantasizing about her ice cream even as I write this. And I ate it just yesterday. Because of Jeni I am having to eat a lot of my words and change a lot of my perceptions about ice cream. Jeni, you really know how to mess with somebody's mind...and taste buds. I have tasted three flavors of Jeni's Ice Cream and eaten two and I want so badly to go back and get the Reisling Pear that I might have to hop in my car and drive the thirteen or so miles to get some. It's that good.
    Here's the scoop (I know, groan) on Jeni and her Splendid Ice Cream. If you happen to live in the Nashvegas area, head on over to East Nashville and find the Jeni store at 1892 Eastland right next to another of my fave's, Ugly Mugs. I also found out that you can have Jeni's ice cream SHIPPED DIRECTLY to your house. So now there's no excuse whatsoever. And I can promise you that you will not be disappointed.
    Get ready for a flavor explosion in your mouth. 'Cause that's what you're gonna get!  
Brown Butter Almond Brittle

This is the Brown Butter Almond Brittle...need I say more?!
Line-shot
This is what it looked like the day that they opened the store. They gave away free ice cream. Now all of those people know about Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream. Groan. My little secret is getting out.

Photos are courtesy of Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream website and blog. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We appreciate your input and feedback! Have a blessed day!