https://static.cliqueme.com/cliqueme-latest.min.js

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Sanctuary

    I'm not exactly one hundred percent sure that I know where this place is. That's the downside of using a navigation system to get from Point A to Point B. You don't have to map out a course, read a map, or figure out the most economical or most advantageous route to your intended destination. You just turn your brain off and listen to the computer-generated voice as she gets you from here to there. And that's exactly what I did. With my eyes open, of course.
   But oh my. When I traveled the backroads of Georgia, I had no idea that I was on my way to another version of heaven. But I was.
   Lake Lanier. A house (thank you Polly and John) for a week with my sisters. Time to pull things together for an upcoming wedding. Time to unwind. Time to relax. Time to laugh. Time to cry. Time to pray. A few of my favorite things in the whole wide world.
   I've always thought I was a beach person. Now I'm not so sure.


 























1 comment :

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE and did I say, LOVE, this post! Your pictures are exquisite! I have always loved "the woods"! When I was very young, I would find my "escape" among the cool branches "in the woods" around our home. There is still a calling to my spirit, with the gentle breezes and the cool crisp fragrances of damp moss and dried leaves. Thank you for "resting" and loving me during our 4 days here. Isn't God gracious to return me to a place "where my soul finds comfort"! He is so attentive to detail and fulfilling "my heart's desire".... my soul cries out to Him and He answers. How blessed I am that he gave me the gift of my sisters. He knew when I was knitted together inside momma's womb that I would need you and Cindy to come along beside me, at such a time as this. My heart is overwhelmed with His goodness. Thank you for capturing these moments. Love you sweet sister!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We appreciate your input and feedback! Have a blessed day!