https://static.cliqueme.com/cliqueme-latest.min.js

Friday, April 2, 2010

Hallelujah, What a Savior!

   One of my friends from our Bible study gave me a copy of a delightful book for me to read to my granddaughter, The Jesus Storybook Bible, with the sideline: Every Story Whispers His Name by Sally Lloyd-Jones. Reading it (to myself mostly at this point) has quickened my heart afresh to the Good News that has come to all men.
    In particular I am drawn to this description in the book of Mary just after she has met Jesus in the garden surrounding the empty tomb, "Mary ran and ran, all the way to the city. She had never run so fast or so far in all her life. She felt she could have run forever. She didn't even feel like her feet touched the ground. The sun seemed to be dancing and gleaming and bounding across the sky, racing with her and shining brighter than she could ever remember in the clear, fresh air. And it seemed to her that morning, as she ran, almost as if the whole world had been made anew, almost as if the whole world was singing for joy -- the trees, tiny sounds in the grass, the birds . . . her heart."

     Ahhh yes, most of all her heart. I am in love with a Savior who can take a heart of stone and make it come alive under His powerful redemptive and Holy touch. I am thankful this Easter for so very much. For my salvation. For family and friends. For the rebirth of the earth as it comes each spring. For pear trees dressed once again in fine white bridal finery as if anxiously awaiting an immortal bridegroom. For birds that greet the dawning of the day with joyous song. For a little granddaughter with chubby arms that she opens up to greet a great big wide world.

    Behold, He has come to make all things new. You. Me. Hallelujah, He is risen indeed. What a Savior, what a Savior, indeed!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We appreciate your input and feedback! Have a blessed day!