https://static.cliqueme.com/cliqueme-latest.min.js

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Recovering

Recovering from a total knee replacement. Finding time in the surrounding silence of my house to pray and to worship. Learning to see that accepting the pain and doing the work of recovery can be offerings, acts of worship before a Holy God. It is also teaching me to be so very thankful for the small things.

Today my husband brought me a cup of coffee in bed. Made perfectly. It was an unexpected gift. I am still savoring the moment.
He also brought me an ice pack. It was better than french toast with blueberries or a bouquet of pink roses. It was divine!
Ice Cubes. Photo by Peter Quale
Now I am ensconced on the sofa watching Jane Eyre. It doesn't get much better than that.

Michael Fassbender (left) and Mia Wasikowska  (right) star in <em>Jane Eyre</em>, a Focus Features release directed by Cary Fukunaga.

2 comments :

  1. Feel Better Soon!
    Thinking of you my friend
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your feeling better each day, Kathy. I follow you and your family often and enjoy reading all. I pray for your recovery soon. Take care,
    Barbara Adams Rowland

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We appreciate your input and feedback! Have a blessed day!